Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dear Aaron: Proud that you love Anakin


2010-03-04

Dear Aaron,

With the arrival of Anakin, you’ve been acting up quite often.

However, I am glad and proud of you that you are very protective of Anakin.


Usually, our bedtime routine is that mommy needs to put Anakin to sleep before I am able to tend to you. While I am focused on Anakin, you can either lie in the bed in mommy’s room quietly or go to Babi’s until I am done. If it is before 9:30am and you are still awake by the time Anakin falls asleep, mommy can then read to you or chat with you until you fall asleep. Unfortunately, mommy usually has to be pretty harsh with you to keep you quiet while I am hushing Anakin to sleep, and you often fall asleep before I am done with Anakin.


It has been such that your bedtime routine with mommy hasn’t been our 甜蜜時光 since Anakin entered our lives. And very often, I lie next to you after you are asleep, looking at your sweet face, and I feel very sorry. We used to be so close that we would babble until you drift off into your dream. Mommy used to have all the time in the world to read to you and play with you. Now, “等一下” and “快一點” are pretty much what you hear all the time.

But… I am grateful that you love Anakin.


Last night, Anakin was playing and would not go to sleep after his feeding. Mommy left him in his bed and lied next to you. We chatted for about a minute and Anakin started fussing.

Mommy: “Anakin 不知道會不會哭哭。”

Aaron: “可能會喔。”=> Anakin 嗯嗯啊啊越來越大聲
Mommy: “哇,好像快哭了耶。”
Aaron: “那你就快去抱他啊。”=> 用不耐煩的語氣,一附小大人的樣子

I had to laugh and felt very warm inside. My little Aaron has grown up. He recognizes Anakin’s need to be tended and willingly shares mommy. Finally, the stage of asking mommy to 抱抱 whenever Anakin starts crying seems to have passed~

No comments:

Post a Comment